Content and Use of Website
Gary and Joanie McGuffin reserve the right to remove TheMcGuffins.ca website in whole or in part from public viewing. The website may be taken down temporarily from public view due to, but not limited to, such occurrences as technical problems and website updates.
These Terms and Conditions may be revised from time to time without notice. The revisions will apply from the time of publication on this website.
You must accept the following Terms and Conditions in full when using TheMcGuffins.ca website.
Intellectual property rights
Gary and Joanie McGuffin own the intellectual property rights of the writing and photographs contained on this website. Subject to the licence below, the intellectual property rights are reserved.
Licence to use this website
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages or images from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions stated below. You must not—-
- republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or otherwise sub-licence material from the website;
- show any material from the website in public;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on the website for a commercial purpose;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website;
- redistribute material from this website (except for content specifically and expressly made available in a written agreement with Gary and Joanie McGuffin).
Gary and Joanie McGuffin will store your contact information on a private internal database. Information relating to your visits to this website, details of your transactions on this website, and any other information you chose to provide will be stored. Information will not be passed onto any third parties unless you provide express permission in writing.
When you make a purchase from TheMcGuffins.ca website, personal information (that you provide) such as your name, address and email address, is stored for our sales records.
When you complete a transaction, you are giving consent to use the information for this purpose only.
When browsing the TheMcGuffins.ca website, your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address is captured in order to provide us with information about how people are looking at our website, improve the experience and finding information on our website.
Information will not be passed onto any third parties unless you provide express permission in writing.
With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates from time to time. By request, you can unsubscribe at any time.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information only if we are required by law to do so, or if you violate our Terms of Service.
TheMcGuffins.ca website utilizes the PayPal online payment platform to enable us to sell products and services to you.
Transaction information PayPal collects is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS).
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information that is required to provide to them for your transactions.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
TheMcGuffins.ca website may collect non-personally identifiable information by using cookies. Cookies are small data files that are sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive when you visit websites thereby tracking your use of the Website. All information collected by means of cookies is anonymous, aggregated and only used by TheMcGuffins.ca website to better understand how the site is used in order to make design improvements.
General Terms and Conditions
These shall apply to orders and contracts for the sale of goods to the client.
Photo Store – Terms and conditions of placing an order
Images contained in the galleries on this website can be purchased via PayPal or by using your credit card through PayPal. TheMcGuffins.ca website does not store any credit card details.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Please note the exception being damage to goods in shipping. Specific actions and protocol are to be followed to ensure refund or replacement.
By purchasing any products on this website, you agree to be bound by the TheMcGuffins.ca website Terms and Conditions.
Gary and Joanie McGuffin own the copyright of all photographic images contained on this website unless otherwise specifically noted. Your rights to use any image contained on this website are determined upon your payment to Gary and Joanie McGuffin.
A written agreement between you, the customer, and Gary and Joanie McGuffin must accompany images offered free of charge.
If for any reason your payment is dishonoured or refunded, you will be in breach of contract and will lose the right to use any image or to receive goods that relate to that purchase.
By email request, Gary and Joanie McGuffin provide stock images for purchase for a variety of uses. The non-exclusive, non-transferable rights to use and reproduce a Gary and Joanie McGuffin image is subject to a purchase agreement that will specify the photograph’s use, printrun/views, timeframe of use. Some of the conditions and uses include:
- permission to crop and resize image, but no other alterations or manipulations to the image;
- images purchased for use on the Internet must be displayed no greater than 900 X 600 pixels;
- images can be purchased as screensavers, digital wallpapers, incorporation into software, in multimedia presentations, theatrical displays, CD and DVD covers and incorporation into film/video for television and/or internet broadcast;
- letterheads, business cards, brochures, pamphlets, catalogues, displays, packaging and invitations provided that the images do not function as a logo or trademark;
- coordination with opt-in email for marketing purposes;
- editorial and advertising in magazines, newspapers, e-books, books, book covers provided that:
- a) accreditation is provided to Gary and Joanie McGuffin for use of images, and a copyright attribution is provided in a size and colour that is readable. The copyright will appear either on the copyright page or in a prominent place;
- b) any persons contained within an image are not depicted in a bad light or in a way that they might find offensive*. (Such uses include the use of images in pornography, adult entertainment, tobacco advertising, dating or escort services, uses that are defamatory, unlawful, offensive or that imply that the model suffers from a physical or mental infirmity, ailment or condition);
You may not:
- Re-sell, rent, re-distribute, sublicense, and/or give away any digital image purchased. You may, however, transfer digital images to a third party for the sole purpose to produce or manufacture your goods incorporating purchased images that are subject to these Terms and Conditions;
- Display an image on a Web site or the Internet greater than 900 X 600 pixels;
- Withhold a credit for the image rights where stated above unless it is waived on a case by case basis, in writing, by Gary and Joanie McGuffin;
- Use or display an image that implies that the image was taken by someone other than Gary and Joanie McGuffin;
- Use the image(s) to produce greeting cards for sale
General conditions of purchasing images
- It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that any images purchased from TheMcGuffins.ca website meets their requirements. Gary and Joanie McGuffin grant no rights and make no representations with regard to the use of any names, trademarks, logos, copyrighted designs or works of art or architecture that might be depicted in any image. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that all necessary rights, consents and permissions, that may be required for an image, have been obtained;
- The customer should seek legal advice before using any purchased images in connection with any goods or services or any other commercial purpose. Gary and Joanie McGuffin make no representations or warranties as to the legality for the use of an image although every effort has been made to ensure that the images for sale on this website comply with the law and best practices have been taken for use–
a) in a public place;
b) for commercial use;
c) on private property where public access has been granted and where there is no restriction on taking photographs for commercial use;
d) on private property where there are restrictions on taking photographs for commercial use, but permission to take photographs for commercial use has been granted.
e) where a person is a key integral element of the photograph, model releases have been obtained.
f) By contracting with Gary and Joanie McGuffin on behalf of an employer or other business entity, you are stating that you have full authority to do so. If this is not the case then you agree to be personally liable;
g) If you are a website developer and wish to use an image for your customers, you must purchase a licence for each image.
NOTICE: Please note that all photograph images on this Web site are protected by international copyright law. They are being presented here for viewing purposes only, and are not to be downloaded, copied, altered or reproduced by any other means without written permission from Gary and Joanie McGuffin.
Refunds and Cancellations Policy
Transactions on the TheMcGuffins.ca website are FINAL. Order cancellations are not accepted.
Exchange, replacement or refund will only be provided if the product(s) are defective or damaged.
Also, if for some reason the product shipped to you is NOT the product you ordered, your choice of a refund or replacement will be provided.
Damaged Print Items:
To be eligible for a return, please make sure that:
- on delivery, sign “Goods received damaged”
- an image of damaged box/package
Damaged item reports that do not include these two items of verification will not be eligible for replacement.
Please provide these 2 verifications immediately upon receipt of package so we may process the replacement: “colourgenics email”
We will communicate via email the appropriate mailing address for returns.
shipping charges incurred in connection with the return of a product are non-refundable.
You are responsible for paying the costs of shipping and for the risk of loss of or damage to the product during shipping, both to and from the printing company.
If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
TheMcGuffins.ca aims to process your order and ship in a timely manner after your order is placed. You will receive an email notification to confirm that the order is being processed.
If you require immediate shipment of your order, please contact us by email at [email protected] and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
The shipping rates are automatically calculated when you place your order.